Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

This week, I was able to pinpoint what my action research project will be! It is going to be such an eye-opening experience for my campus as a whole.  I am looking forward to looking back into the Ruby Payne studies I learned from two summers ago and use her findings to support my knowledge!

Also, while reading the Dana text for my assignment, I got some really good ideas for future action research topics when I eventually have my school as a principal.  Having a schoolwide meeting once a week was implemented in one of the schools I student-taught at.  I did not think anything of it at the time, but an event we did every Friday morning.  Now, after reading, I understand it had the purpose of unifying the school.  Now, I see it as a great tool to bring all of the classes together to have one vision and goal for the week/end of the week.  I am looking forward to implementing this in the future! Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    I am very interested in your action research study. I have been looking at publications Ruby Payne has been a part of. What types of professional development have you been involved with? What publications will you use to guide your study? I look forward to seeing your action research plan. If you have time, please visit my blog and comment on my action research draft: www.vickidibler.blogspot.com Thank you and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    I too am looking at parent communication and how it impacts students. At our junior high parent involvement is pretty low and I am hoping to increase it by offering parents a choice of ways they can involve themselves within the classroom, either online, take home work or just working with students on a parent-student project. I will be following yours to see what kind of information you collect so that I can compare with my surveys. Good luck, Jeanni

    ReplyDelete