Followers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Excerpt from my final reflection with my Action Research Class...
One of the greatest learning opportunities I had was with my site supervisor.  Looking into three significant issues that she feels needs to be addressed in the next year really opened my eyes to different things going on at my school.  When I told her my final decision on my action research, she was thrilled to hear what I chose.  This was due to her extreme passion for making the parent communication more positive all around concerning negative student behavior. She does not want any more students feeling so down about taking home their agendas with a book of negativity.  That wears and tears on children and should not be a source of detriment.  Therefore, I am glad to be in the first stages of my action research to help ease my principal’s concerns.  We did the first initial step of it just yesterday by looking at parent surveys that were returned for the end of school.  It was very apparent that parents overwhelmingly preferred to be spoken with on the phone over email and agenda-writing concerning negative behavior.  The percentage that preferred the agenda (the highest form of communication when it comes to student misbehavior) was extremely low.  Therefore, we see that we need to make efforts to distinguish when the agenda comes into place…then, decide if email or phone calls are pertinent to the communication needed for the parent and student to get effective results.

No comments:

Post a Comment