Followers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

UpdateSeptember26th



For my action research, I have not been able to do much since May 2013.  Therefore, I had not put anything into my blog. 
At the end of May, I was part of the Campus Needs Assessment Team.  Within this team, I was able to conduct my first parent survey to determine the way they most liked to be communicated with.  Phone was the top choice, and then email fell close behind.  The agenda communication, which we are trying to reduce the amount used, was the last.  This was an expected reaction from the parents.  Therefore, the action research is on its way. It took awhile to collect all of the surveys and data, but I was glad to have that first opportunity.
During the summer, I researched various articles, periodicals, and journals within the Lamar Library online.  I was able to find various pieces to back up my efforts I am putting forth to determine how effective parent communication avenues can be when negative behavior is occurring at school.  These articles are saved in my computer, have been used for a presentation made with teachers and will be used for my final action research paper.
Most recently, I presented and met with my team of teachers at school.  These teachers were willing to work with me in collecting data.  I created a data collection tool for them to use and will be putting it in a folder for them to have easy access.  They were very supportive and willing to help.  Their data collection tool will reflect the students demographics, avenue of communication, how long the negative behavior improved, and how effective they believe it was.   I have collected a team from various grade levels and special education.  I am eager to see what they collect.  Their collection will begin as soon as possible.  I waited to begin this collection process until the teachers felt comfortable with the new school year. 
So, that is where I am right now with my action research project and look forward to its findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment